Jackie and I always like to look and see what posts are the most popular ones with you, our readers. Some posts are really popular for long periods of time, some are mega-hits for a month and then disappear. We decided to share the 10 most popular posts of 2020 with you all because, well, it’s just plain fun! This list does exclude our ever-popular quarterly release posts because it’s very obvious they are created to get dated quickly. Let us know if your favorite made the list!
Most Popular Posts of 2020
10. How to Occupy Kids During Quarantine – This post is so unique to 2020 that I would have been shocked if it didn’t make the list.
9. Books to Emotionally Wreck You – This is a surprise. It’s been around since 2018 and has always been a top performer, but in a year when escapist reading was the norm, I’m shocked this was still in the top 10.
8. The Ultimate List of Books about Books – Originally created in 2018 for a reading challenge prompt, this has long been a fan favorite because we book lovers love books about our favorite subject.
7. 9 Gorgeous Book Collections – Another 2018 carry-over is this evergreen post on exquisite book collections. Because book lovers collect their favorites of course.
6. 7 Books to Start a Baby Girl’s Library – 2018 is reigning supreme on this list. I’m pretty sure this post is still a top performer because little girl picture books are just worth cherishing.
5. 11 Books to Read if You Love the Lunar Chronicles – The oldest post on this list foreshadows the top post this year. YA Fantasy was big for us in 2020. Escapist reading at its peak I’d say.
4. Best Celebrity Book Club Picks – This post was so popular when we wrote it at the beginning of 2019, that we recently published a second list with some of the newer titles released in the past two years.
3. Ultimate List of YA Fantasy – See, YA Fantasy was V popular in 2020.
2. Ultimate Beach Reads 2020 – More escapist reading, of the beach variety. We create a new version of this post every year because it’s so popular.
1. Our top post of the year comes as no surprise to us. A Court of Thorn and Roses has been out for a while now, but it seemed to really take off on Instagram this year. This book series leaves a serious void when you finish it. Of course, people look to find their next fix. This post of 12 books to read if you love the ACOTAR series is one of our favorites too. Enjoy!