Are you ready for a ton of books for your little one? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got an amazing selection of book lists for 1-year-olds to enjoy. Scroll down to find your next favorite read!
If you don’t know where to start on your chapter book journey, this is the list for you.
It includes 40+ mini-book reviews separated by sub-genre from animal books to bedtime stories, nature books, and more. With easy navigation tools and great book recommendations, this is the list you’ll come back to again and again.
Reading Readiness Book Lists for 1-Year-Olds
Want to focus on pre-reading skills for your kid? The reading list below will give you book recommendations and activity suggestions to help your child develop language and pre-reading skills.
Learn how to engage with your child to further their vocabulary and language development with reading. This curated list includes books in categories like animals, colors, transportation, emotions, and more.
Each book recommendation is accompanied by suggestions on how to engage with kids ages 12-18 months and 18-24 months while reading.
For more early chapter books, scroll down to see our full collection of book lists for 6-year-olds!
For daily book reviews, author interviews, and reading challenge tracking, follow us on Instagram!
More Book Lists for 1-Year-Olds
The book lists below are carefully curated with our favorite beginning and early reader books. You’ll find posts featuring books about the alphabet, wordless picture books, Holiday books, and more.
Have a special request? Drop a comment or send us an email to let us know if you want a customized list based on your favorite book or sub-genre.
- 53+ New Children’s Books for 2023 to Enjoy
- 20 Vibrant Books About Colors for Preschoolers and Toddlers
- The Best Books for a 1-Year-Old Your Baby will Love
- Learning Books for 1-year-olds: Best Picks for Language Development
- The Best Books for a 2-Year-Old Your Toddler will Love
- Educational Books for 2-Year-Olds: Making Story Time Interactive and Fun
- 37 New Release Kids’ Books for Winter 2023 to Enjoy
- 36 New Release Kids’ Books for Fall 2022 to Love
- 34 New Release Kids’ Books for Summer 2022 to Love
- 39 New Release Kids’ Books for Spring 2022 to Love
- 16 Sensational Valentines Books for Toddlers & Babies
- 30+ Important Black History Books for Kids in 2023
- Llama Llama Books; The Complete Guide to Anna Dewdney
- 37 New Release Kids’ Books for Winter 2022 to Celebrate
- 26 Amazing Hanukkah Books for Children
- 20+ Christmas Books for Toddlers and Babies to Love in 2021
- 18+ Baby and Toddler Halloween Books for 2021
- Monster Books for Kids: Not Scary Year-Round and Halloween Reads
- Helpful First Day of School Books for Kindergarten and Preschool
- Summer 2021 Kids’ New Book Releases
- 15 Books Important for Phonological Awareness and Pre-Reading Skills
- 17 Kids Books about Weddings You’ll Love
- First Books for Baby and Essential First-Year Reading Tips
- The Importance of Reading and 7 Helpful Reading Readiness Tips
- 12 Valentine’s Books for Kids Sure to Delight!
- 6 Football Books for Kids in Time for the Big Game
- 14 Books for your Little Feminist
- 30+ New Kids’ Books for Winter 2021
- 7 Gender-Neutral Baby Books for Families to Cherish Forever
- Books About Grief for Kids
- Candy Books and Candytopia: a Tantalizing Book-Inspired Adventure
- 7 Picture Books Celebrating Grandparents
- 14 Wordless Picture Books to Inspire Imagination
- 17 Adorable Books About Octopuses and Narwhals
- 7 Great Baby Books for Boys to Read as They Grow
- Best Picture Books of 2018- Celebrate Picture Book Month.
- 22 Alphabet Books Helpful for Toddlers Learning Their ABCs
- 45 Outstanding Banned Books to Read in 2022
- 7 Books for Baby Girls: A First Library Collection
- Adorable and Modern Peter Rabbit Nursery for Your Baby
- Our Kids’ 17 Favorite Picture Books of 2017
- Best Children’s Books of 2017 as Picked by Experts
- Baby’s First books: The Best Books for the First Year
- Patriotic Picture Books for the 4th of July!
- 16 Dragon Kids Books and Series We Love Reading
- Not Your Average Princess: 11 Books to Encourage Children to be Unique
- Children’s Books about Egypt Guaranteed to Captivate Young Minds
- Bookish Rooms: An Exciting Treasure Island Pirate Bedroom
- The Best Board Books You’ve Probably Never Heard of
- 13 Pirate Books for Kids Wanting a High Seas Adventure
- Bookish Bedroom: Winnie the Pooh Nursery
- Modern Beauty and the Beast Bedroom as Beautiful as a Rose
- A Poem for Dr. Seuss & Seussical Quotes We Love