Are you ready for a ton of books for your pre-reader? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve got an amazing selection of book lists for 3-year-olds to enjoy. Scroll down to find your next favorite read!
If you don’t know where to start on your chapter book journey, this is the list for you.
It includes 40+ mini-book reviews separated by sub-genre from animal books to feelings books, bedtime stories, and more. With easy navigation tools and great book recommendations, this is the list you’ll come back to again and again.
Reading Readiness Book Lists for 3-Year-Olds
Depending on your child’s reading level, these reading readiness book lists might be helpful. The beginning readers are for children just learning to decode while the early readers are some basic, easy chapter books for your newly independent reader.
This article features books that teach sequencing, inspire storytelling via wordless picture books, cultivate creativity with imagination books, and more.
Each book selected comes with suggestions to help your toddler master the fundamentals they will need for preschool and creates the base for the pre-reading skills we will be discussing next.
In this post, we discuss phonological awareness and its importance in developing reading skills in preschoolers.
We recommend books that help with rhyming, alliteration, teaching syllables, phoneme manipulation, and more. Mastering each of these skills is essential to create a good foundation for learning to read.
For more early chapter books, scroll down to see our full collection of book lists for 6-year-olds!
For daily book reviews, author interviews, and reading challenge tracking, follow us on Instagram!
More Book Lists for 3-Year-Olds
The book lists below are carefully curated with our favorite beginning and early reader books. You’ll find posts featuring books about weddings, pirates, animals, holidays, the alphabet, and more.
Have a special request? Drop a comment or send us an email to let us know if you want a customized list based on your favorite book or sub-genre.
- 53+ New Children’s Books for 2023 to Enjoy
- 20 Vibrant Books About Colors for Preschoolers and Toddlers
- Best Books for a 5-Year-Old Getting Ready to Read
- Best Books for a 4-Year-Old to Develop Pre-Reading Skills
- Best Books for a 3-Year-Old Learning to Grow
- Educational Books For 3-Year-Olds: Imagination and Learning Fun!
- 37 New Release Kids’ Books for Winter 2023 to Enjoy
- 36 New Release Kids’ Books for Fall 2022 to Love
- Kids Books About Fish and Olive & June’s New Rainbow Goldfish Collection
- 34 New Release Kids’ Books for Summer 2022 to Love
- 39 New Release Kids’ Books for Spring 2022 to Love
- 16 Sensational Valentines Books for Toddlers & Babies
- 30+ Important Black History Books for Kids in 2023
- 15+ Exciting Books about the Olympics for Kids
- Llama Llama Books; The Complete Guide to Anna Dewdney
- 37 New Release Kids’ Books for Winter 2022 to Celebrate
- 26 Amazing Hanukkah Books for Children
- 33 of the Best Christmas Books for Kids: Jubilant Stories
- Monster Books for Kids: Not Scary Year-Round and Halloween Reads
- 31 Great Rhyming Books For Your Emerging Reader
- Back to School Books to Kick-Off a New School Year
- Helpful First Day of School Books for Kindergarten and Preschool
- 40+ Early Reader Books for Emergent Readers to Enjoy Now
- Summer 2021 Kids’ New Book Releases
- The 9 Best Books for Beginning Readers
- 17 Kids Books about Weddings You’ll Love
- The Importance of Reading and 7 Helpful Reading Readiness Tips
- 12 Valentine’s Books for Kids Sure to Delight!
- 6 Football Books for Kids in Time for the Big Game
- 14 Books for your Little Feminist
- 30+ New Kids’ Books for Winter 2021
- 11 Amazing Spy Books for Kids
- Keeping Kids Connected + 11 Picture Books About Friendship
- 7 Gender-Neutral Baby Books for Families to Cherish Forever
- Books About Grief for Kids
- 14 Wordless Picture Books to Inspire Imagination
- Best Picture Books of 2018- Celebrate Picture Book Month.
- Best Early Readers, Middle Grade and YA as Chosen by Experts!
- 22 Alphabet Books Helpful for Toddlers Learning Their ABCs
- 45 Outstanding Banned Books to Read in 2022
- The 17 Best Read Aloud Books: Chapter Books Your Kids Will Love
- Adorable and Modern Peter Rabbit Nursery for Your Baby
- 7 Picture Books to Please Even the Pickiest Readers
- Our Kids’ 17 Favorite Picture Books of 2017
- Best Children’s Books of 2017 as Picked by Experts
- “The Snowy Day” at Philadelphia Zoo’s New WINTER Exhibit
- 16 Dragon Kids Books and Series We Love Reading
- Bookish Room: Dragons Love Tacos Inspired Boho Playroom
- Not Your Average Princess: 11 Books to Encourage Children to be Unique
- Children’s Books about Egypt Guaranteed to Captivate Young Minds
- Bookish Rooms: An Exciting Treasure Island Pirate Bedroom
- 13 Pirate Books for Kids Wanting a High Seas Adventure
- Bookish Bedroom: Winnie the Pooh Nursery
- A Poem for Dr. Seuss & Seussical Quotes We Love
- A GLEE-ful Read; The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
- Bookish Things: Book & Gift Pairings for 3 year olds